Week 7 - Travel Gear


The Trip
I've interviewed several people during my professional career.  Not once did their attire factor into my decision as to whether I should hire them or not.  I wasn't your typical run of the mill hiring manager though and thus, one shouldn't use me an example for any case studies on the do's and don'ts of interview dressing.  I dance to the beat of a different drummer my friends...
That being said, I do know what employers-at-large come to expect and our program coordinator, Linda Street, gave us a very consise and visually entertaining presentation on building a professional wardrobe.

Your Guide


Why Build a Professional Basic Wardrobe?
  • Looking professional makes others view you as professional
  • Having a polished look puts you in a more "business like" mindset.
  • Stocking up on those few key pieces without spending a lot of money provides easy, interchangeable options to wear.
  • It’s fun to play the savvy professional woman’s role –a smart wardrobe can help you do that.
Here are the recommended 10 Wardrobe Essentials
  1. Suit - well fitted
  2. Blouse/Shell - not low cut
  3. Dress Tees/Camisole - not tight
  4. Pencil Skirt - slim all the way around
  5. Blazer - well fitted, 3-button
  6. Spring Dresses - wrap or sheath
  7. Pants/Trouser - flat front
  8. Cardigan Sweater - fitted, not tight
  9. Trench Coat - belted
  10. Accessories - foundation garments, pumps, ballet flats, belts, stud earrings, pearl necklace, tote/professional shoulder bag, and summer scarves
Words from Your Fellow Travelers
"Think fitted, not tight"
"I'd love to be able to keep my style"
"These ideas can work for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment